Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Close to Godliness

Some time ago in Berlin...  I sat upon the ledge of a large jacuzzi tub and watched as my lover lathered himself on the other side of a glass standing room only shower.  I was studying his excellent buttocks when suddenly he began to shake and shout.  He spun back around and burst  through the door looking terribly too awake after an early rise following a late and invested night of drinking.  
What is it?
It's just the cold water.  I always turn it on at the end of a shower.  It's good for the skin.
Huh..

Since then I've followed this recipe for excellent skin.  This morning I turned the cold up as I turned the hot off and in the time it took for the water to adjust I realized that I had in fact turned off the cold water and turned up the hot.  Then it hit and scalded my skin like liquid lightning.  And in that moment of shock, as I readjusted the knobs to command my head to spit cold water, my immediate thought was, "Is this what hell will feel like?"  As the temperature dropped my mind loosened the query and I was filled with a perfect "Ahh...thank you...that's much better."  Once my body relaxed into the safety of the sensation of bathing in a mountain spring I remembered my instinctual question and I realized what a queer question it was.

Do  I really believe in hell?  Do I really think that after this life I'm going to drop down into some big bad furnace?  No, not really.  

Thank you freak life.  

  

2 comments:

Stef said...

I think the nice thing about death is that you no longer feel... anything.

ANG* said...

post more!